As always, I start with a rough sketch of my mosaic on a grid.
|Sunset Beach Sketch|
Next, I transfer the drawing to a already prepared frame.
And then I start gluing on the tiles.
In addition to the glass tiles, I also added a few sea shells from the Gulf of Mexico.
I didn't realize how many different colors I used on this project until I started writing them down at the end.
- Sea Shells from Panama City Beach, Florida
- Sand - Sand A15 (Hakatai) 3/4
- Tree - Ficus B82 (Hakatai) 3/4
- Tree - Night Black C39 (Hakatai) 3/4
- Tree - Tan A42 (Maryland Mosaics) 3/8
- Tree - Terra Cota C57 (Maryland Mosaics) 3/8
- Water - Deep Blue C81 (Hakatai) 3/4
- Sun - Canary D2205 (Maryland Mosaics) 3/8
- Sun - Chili Pepper D111 (Maryland Mosaics) 3/8
- Sky - Lake Blue A01 (Hakatai) 3/4
- Sky - Iris A31 (Maryland Mosaics) 3/4
- Sky - Fig (Mosaic Mercantile) 3/4
|Final Sunset Beach|