Monday, September 2, 2013

Buzz Bee

Ok,  In keeping with my recent living creatures theme, here is my latest piece titled "Buzz Bee".  You all know how I work by now.  I do a doodle.


That then translates into a slightly more detailed drawing.


And then I start madly gluing bits of broken glass onto a frame.  I say broken glass, because that is exactly what they are.  Tiny little slivers of extremely sharp glass that lay in wait for me to jab myself to the extent that I have to go running to Mary for a bandaid.  And Mary is not very sympathetic to my plight.




And after I have finished bleeding for my art, I then slather the whole thing up with a liberal application of grout.  For this piece, I decided to go with a nice sandstone grout.



And he final result is "Buzz Bee".  Say hello to the nice people Buzz Bee!


Check out some of my other mosaic art pieces in my Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment