Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Farm Living 2

Today's mosaic is a simple little farm scene. I was flipping through some of my previous pieces and saw a farm that I had done soon after I started doing mosaic art. It was OK, but I thought I could improve upon my previous effort. As always, I started with a sketch.



The comes the cutting and gluing. Lots of cutting and gluing. My estimation is that this piece contains about 600 individually cut pieces of glass. That is a lot of tiny pieces of glass.


Here is a closeup of the barn. It contains 71 pieces of glass in case you were counting.


And here is a closeup of the horse.


And here is the final piece. I used white grout in the original. For the remake, I used gray grout. It is a little more neutral and lets the colors speak for themselves.


And here is the piece from the side. As has become my technique, I wrapped the tile around the sides of the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment