Sunday, August 27, 2017

Frog

Today's mosaic is a just a simple little frog hanging out in a pond. I was inspired to do this piece based on a trip we took this year to the Poconos in Pennsylvania. We rented a cabin that was next to a frog pond. There were literally hundreds of frogs in this pond and they talked to us around the clock.
This is not the first time that I did a frog piece. Here is one that I did back in 2014. 




To start the project, I did a bunch of frog sketches. I tried to keep it simple. I love mosaic art, but you have to keep it simple. The mosaic media just does not lend itself to a lot of details.


After I was satisfied with the sketch, I transferred the drawing to a mosaic frame and began cutting and gluing.



This is the completed piece. 




This is the completed piece from the side.




No comments:

Post a Comment