Sunday, December 27, 2015

Butterfly



Butterfly Partially Complete
I'm trying to finish up a bunch of mosaic pieces so that I can start the new year with a clean slate. This piece is called butterfly 2.0.  Why is it called 2.0? When I started my wall hanging pieces, everything had a frame. The 2.0 pieces have an internal frame. This makes the pieces much more accessible for folks because no matter what color of stain that I used on the frames, it would not match someone's decor. No frame, no problem matching. problem solved.

Butterfly Final
The photo below shows what is going on behind the scene so to speak. There is approximately one inch of recessed space behind the mosaic. This is where the hanging wire is located. This system makes hanging the mosaics a snap. They lay perfectly flat against the wall.

Butterfly Back


No comments:

Post a Comment